Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Waiting for Denzel and George!

As little girls we dream of the perfect man, that knight in shinning armour, the prince...telling ourselves that when it's time he will come and sweep us off our feet. Then we grow up and realize "oops, wait a minute...where is he? Time is running out and he is still not here!" Life is staring right back at us in the face and many times in an unpleasant way too. And the next question is "But what is wrong with me? I am beautiful, got a great job, I hang out with great friends, I pray about it...so why am I still single?!"
This may come as a shock to you especially having read all those books that told you to set high standards and never lower them and don't get me wrong, I am all for that. The question I am trying to ask you here is if your standards are realistic or rather if your list is realistic?! Are you waiting for Denzel or George cos last time I heard, Denzel has been married for years and George has been taken (recently) oh and Brad Pitt is taken too!
Some people make very long and incredible lists and get disappointed when they don't find a man that meets up with their incredible requirements. For example you want a blonde guy and you meet a nice brunette guy will that stop you from giving him a chance? What if he earned less money than you or if he is a little shorter or two inches taller than what is on your list? Will that also stop you from giving him a chance?
While there are things that one can and "should" over look, there are also others that one shouldn't and "must not" over look or bend our rules for and that in my opinion is mostly character. Even if a guy meets all your requirements but he is say for example a drunk, a drug addict, a womanizer or (because this may matter to some) of a different religion or even not religious at all-I personally would not advice anyone to consider being with such a man. But then also there is the flip side of the coin-you must make sure that you yourself possess some of those qualities which you seek in a partner! You can't be an alcoholic or a drug addict and be hell bent on finding a man who does not drink at all. Remember, like attracts like. Also if you are looking for a religious man then it makes very little sense going to the clubs with the hope of finding one. There are the "right" places to find the type of people we are looking for.
Lastly, our own attitude matters greatly. In fact our own attitude is the deal breaker or maker. One mistake that many women continue to make which I hear guys talk about is "talking about the ex". It's okay to explain it once (not on a first meeting) but once you talk about it one too many times it becomes a total turn off. Don't spend precious time recalling all your heart breaks from birth till date and avoid complaining about everything for it is common knowledge that people in general don't like to be around depressing people.
My advice is to always wear a positive attitude and a smile. A smile always does the magic! I try to keep my posts short and to the point always and I do hope you have enjoyed reading this. Check back next Wednesday for another interesting topic. Until next time, do keep the hope alive!
What in your opinion should one over look or not over look when it comes to finding a partner?

35 comments:

  1. Inspirational post. I am liking your thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many friends who are single and had lost hope in finding a partner. But yeah you're right - it's good to keep smiling and maintain a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my believe that a positive attitude and a smile goes a long way in making life easier!

      Delete
  3. Very interesting post! Can´t wait your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leelo check back next week Wednesday.

      Delete
  4. A very good read before retiring to bed. You have the qualities of a woman that every man wishes for. But still you remain single up to now. My say, God has better plan for you. Seek his will, who knows He is just preparing someone great to be your partner in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and compliment Papaleng. Lol I am married and with two children.

      Delete
  5. Ha Ha Ha, papaleng made a good joke, sorry to say but i like this joke better than post

    ReplyDelete
  6. my say, overlook the looks. when you really fall in love you'll realize you're not after his looks after all. >XD what i'm looking for, first and foremost in a guy is his faith in God, and his set of values. you don't want to live with someone who doesn't agree with your principles in life. even if those are the only things that click between us, i am positive that it's gonna work out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Yan, looks are secondary to character and values!

      Delete
  7. Perfect man never exists.. hahaha!~ Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is only one perfect man I know and that is Jesus lol!

      Delete
  8. A positive outlook can really help you do more and perform better. It's better to dwell on positive events and topics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice here, staying positive through life's little(big) challenges with all the pressure of everyday with family, relatives, kids and partners and not to forget the past relationship that we have with our exes is a life long way process. What I do is to meditate to break from all the feelings and smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raine! Meditation really does help a lot!

      Delete
  10. When I was a kid, I used to dream to have a prince with a white horse, and he asks me to marry him ^_^ (okay, forget it :D) now, I'm marry to my lovely prince.. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I found that prince and even happier you married him. Lucky for me I married my prince too!

      Delete
  11. Love comes in different forms, time, place and anything in between. When you feel that you're in love, go with your heart's out but be sure to smart enough to be tied up for marriage. In loving someone, the perfect stance is to be with yourself and don't be showy or give hints that you like him or her. Stick to your heart and mind, these will help you decide for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good point Fernando but I guess it may be good to show the person if you like that person. Some people would appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes expectations should be realistic but there should be no compromise on realistic expectations. Because the day you compromise life could be worse than what it was when you were single!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A smile is the best accessory to attract someone, so I guess that's the most important point in your article. And yes, I agree that you really shouldn't talk much about your ex, major turn off and shows you really haven't moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I can relate to that, I asked similar questions myself too. You do have a point saying we should visit targeted places and communities so that our search turns out successful in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck. I wish you all the best in your search for Denzel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We shouldn't hope for impossible but either should we settle for someone who doesn't deserve us. I totally believe the old adage, better alone than in bad company.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you need to overlook the little things, like being messy. It's the bigger issues like if he is kind hearted or rude that need a second looking over..

    ReplyDelete
  19. When we enter a new relationship, it is always best to leave the past behind. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I believe that there is someone meant for you. As you said, always wear a positive attitude

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is so much more to a true, lasting relationship that far surpasses any list. Usually, the person who is meant for you will not meet the superficial aspects of "the list". Focus on being the best you can be, inside and out, and the right person will be placed in your path!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice, this is my very first time here, thanks for inviting me. I will be back from time to time. Good job.

    ReplyDelete